I’m sure at some point we have all had what seems like a million things that we needed to do but thought, ‘10 more minutes in bed won’t hurt’. If you are nodding your head, then keep reading this step by step guide on how to improve your productivity.
- Make a to-do list for the week – this ensures that you don’t forget about anything, and you can keep adding to this throughout the week. It also helps to plan out your meals for the week, as this saves both time and money. I also mention how I do this in my Sunday Routine blog post!
2. Use the ‘Urgent/Important’ Matrix – important activities have an outcome that leads us to achieving our goals, urgent activities demand immediate attention, and are often the ones we concentrate on. By sorting your to-do list into these sections it will help you to prioritise your tasks.
3. Set deadlines for your tasks – Deadlines are designed to help you move closer to your goals every day, therefore this will allow you to focus on your milestones.
4. Create a productivity playlist – It has been proven that listening to your favourite type of music makes you happier and more productive during stressful situations, so put on that Abba album!
5. Turn off your phone notifications to eliminate distractions – 73% of people believe their use of electronic devices has contributed to stress in their life.
6. Have a tidy and organised work space – not only does a clean desk communicate professionalism, it reduces stress and allows you to remember important tasks. ‘Tidy desk, tidy mind”.
7. Reward yourself after finishing tasks or at the end of the day – whether it’s giving in to your sweet tooth or treating yourself to a glass of wine, it is important to reward yourself and allow yourself to rest.
“You may delay, but time will not.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Lets face it, we’re all still going to have those days where we still don’t feel like our head is 100% in the game, but hopefully this guide has helped you to get one step closer to where you want to be!